Laura began her career in accounting, specifically tax, in 2013. In 2017, she began focusing more on comprehensive financial planning. In 2022, she joined Harvest Point Wealth Management where she enjoys helping clients pursue their goals through the planning process. Laura is a CFP® professional, which is widely recognized as the standard of excellence for financial planners. Only 35% of financial advisors in the Unites States are Certified Financial Planner™ professionals*. Laura is also a Certified Public Accountant and Certified Divorce Financial Analyst.
Family & Personal
Laura and her husband, Scott, live in Urbandale with their three children: Vance, Briella, and Jett. Laura enjoys spending time with her family as she watches her kids grow into their individual personalities. Laura played soccer at Drake University and has recently loved helping coach her son’s soccer team.
- Member, Financial Planning Association
- Member, Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
- Member, Iowa Society of CPAs
- Drake University - Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Accounting
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification – Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. – License 272135
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst
Favorite Philanthropic Organizations
- Friendship Center
- Freedom for Youth
- Des Moines Christian School
*263,030 Personal Financial Advisors in the US (https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes132052.htm) and 93,032 CFP® professionals (https://www.cfp.net/knowledge/reports-and-statistics/professional-demographics).