Tim began his career in the financial services industry in 2010. He thoroughly enjoys working with clients to help them identify and pursue their next Harvest Point. In 2016, Tim became a Certified Financial Planner™ professional, which is widely recognized as the standard of excellence for financial planners. Only 35% of financial advisors in the Unites States are Certified Financial Planner™ professionals*. In 2020, Tim helped form Harvest Point Wealth Management where today he focuses on providing sound financial advice to his clients while helping to lead the organization. In 2022, Tim became a Certified Kingdom Advisor®, setting him apart as an advisor who has pursued the integration of faith and finances to the highest credentialed level in the financial advising profession.
Family & Personal
Tim and his wife, Laura, live in Grimes with their daughters and their chocolate lab, Mo (who thinks he’s also a human). Tim enjoys spending time with his family and friends, as well as serving in various ministries, reading, and avidly following the Hawkeye football and basketball teams.
- President, Capital City Connection
- Member, Kingdom Advisors
- Member, Society of Financial Service Professionals
- Past Board Member, Society of Financial Service Professionals – Central Iowa Chapter
- University of Iowa – Bachelors in Business Administration, Tippie College of Business (2010)
- University of Georgia – Certificate in Financial Planning, Terry College of Business (2016)
- Indiana Wesleyan University – CKA Educational Program (2022)
- Securities: Series 7 & 66 held through LPL Financial – Offering investment advisory services and securities in multiple states.
- Insurance: Life, Accident and Health, and Variable Life – Offering insurance products and services in multiple states.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification – Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. – License 266163
- Certified Kingdom Advisor® - Member ID# 1019697
Favorite Philanthropic Organizations
- Freedom for Youth
- Friendship Center
- Urbandale Community Action Network
*263,030 Personal Financial Advisors in the US (https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes132052.htm) and 93,032 CFP® professionals (https://www.cfp.net/knowledge/reports-and-statistics/professional-demographics).